Saudi ’89 star, Mutiu Adepoju has cautioned Super Eagles coach Samson Siasia to ensure he lines up an array of friendly matches for the team after prosecuting the African Cup of Nations match against Ethiopia later in the month.
Mutiu, who is a former Super Eagles midfield ace, said that engaging the team in such friendlies will go a long way to further strengthen the expected cohesion which football followers in the country are clamouring for.
“I would have loved the match or other matches to be played in Lagos as often as possible like every other Nigerian would, but I suppose because of what happened at the last match played against Sierra Leon, it was moved. It is unfortunate that the match against Ethiopia will be prosecuted in Abuja, but Abuja is also Nigeria so we just need to give our support.
“I don’t know why some of the proposed friendlies have not been able to hold, because I am not in the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), but I sincerely think after the Ethiopia match the Eagles should continue playing together in friendly matches so as to get the needed blend,” he said.
Mutiu told NationSport that what Nigerians are yelling for is nothing more than victory, adding that against the Ethiopians only an outright victory will rekindle the lost confidence in the team. He said that the visitors should not pose a threat to Nigeria’s quest to book a place in the African Cup of Nations next year.
Monday, March 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment